Thursday, March 10, 2011

12 years old


can we all agree this picture is pure awesomeness?

I just found it and laughed out loud.
a few things to notice...

a. my sweet yamaha guitar passed down from
my mom's high school drama years

b. my sweet tie dye. if you didn't know me in
grade school--I will fill you in. There were many
tie dyes, batiks, fimo bead necklaces, leather
peace sign necklaces, troll earrings,
and the occasional taco bell fanny pack.

c. don't worry, the phone is the size of my head.
dear technology...you have come a long way.

d. the sweet previa van. this is also the van in which
i once ran over my brother. it's cool. don't worry, he is fine.

e. I love this photo, because starting very early in my life
I had a love for music and a desire to learn
how to write songs. I think I could learn a few things
from the 12 year old version of myself
about having the right intention and heart about life.

xo
s

6 comments:

  1. i also love how you look superimposed on the background... "oh, hi, just chillin' on the front lawn" when you're actually in your den.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! this photo made me smile (and laugh a little)...you are so CUTE! am so proud of you that you stuck with your love of music for so long...look at you now! so so admirable. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the *you* I remember. The expression, the tie-dye, the Previa (oh, the Previas!), and of course, the guitar. I love it. And you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love photos of you from your childhood. That's crazy about your last two posts, I just bought some of The Head and the Heart's music last month. What a fun and interesting life you lead. Love the pic of you at the open mic p.s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that phone! It looks like the same one Zach Morris used in Saved by the Bell.

    And that tie dye...totally rad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the long hair. You should grow it long again. :)

    ReplyDelete