Monday, April 5, 2010

Plugged In

I've had a few realizations over the last weekend,
including that I need to work on being patient.
Easter day was beautiful and filled with the people I love most
and yet I found my mind wandering in various directions.
I felt unresolved
and I felt like crawling under my heating blanket
and disappearing for a week.
I did crawl under my heating blanket,
but I awoke this morning disappointed to find out it was monday.

I have a nice little phone that notifies me when
I am being called, texted, emailed.
We live in a social networking world where
you can find out when people
are going to the dentist, what indian food
restaurant they like, and when they have cancer.
Yet I find the more I am 'plugged in' the more restless I feel.

I need to introduce a little space
into my heart and life.
Let things soak around in my brain a bit longer
before I let my mouth and legs take off.

Where is the balance?
I feel like the job I do as a songwriter requires
me to be available and working often from my computer/phone.
What advice do you have for staying connected
to the world and yet keeping space for your
heart to breathe a little? Would love to hear what you think.

have a great monday night even if it involves a heating blanket.
xo
s

1 comment:

  1. i always spend way too much time on the computer doing necessary things...so i can only allow myself 2-3 visits a day. the rest of my time is spent listening to music or playing with my baby boy.
    other times i wait till he is in bed...then i catch up:)
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete