Saturday, December 25, 2010

have yourself a merry little christmas...


happy christmas.
today james was on call so we
woke up way too early to open presents
with the little bug before he had to go into work.
she loved her art easel, but more
she loved that Santa had eaten
the cookies she left out for him.
there is something very magical
about watching a child, especially
on christmas morning.

tonight we drove to the hospital to
bring James dinner. as we traveled home we
drove down Harrison Ave. which is a lovely
street with old historical homes
that all sport the most beautiful
christmas lights.
I nearly cried as I drove past
window after window of
people gathering around a table
or tree...sharing laughter, stories,
and good food.
I know that not everyone has a loving family
that enjoys board games and cider...
but my wish for all that I know
is that they spent this evening with
someone they love...
someone who loves them.

my sister flew in from Seattle
this afternoon. I love her
and I am fairly certain she loves me too.
and my little one today said over and over
"Merry Christmas! I love you mommy"
I loved it. even the 20th time.

xo
s

3 comments: