Tuesday, October 19, 2010

CD Released.

Had a lovely weekend of the first CD Release Shows
of the tour.
Here are a few photos taken to
warm your heart with memories...

Saturday night I was lucky enough to play a house concert
for my friends Courtney and Christopher Kendrick.
They invited a few close friends and I was reminded
how wonderful it feels to play to a room of people
who love each other. The band was great and I
felt like the music took everyone to a better place.
You can read more about the night on Courtney's blog:


courtney singing backup on "holiday" she was awesome
photo by Christopher Kendrick

ryan, myself, paul, and scott
photo by Christopher Kendrick

The First CD Release Night of the Tour was held at Pioneer Hall in Salt Lake.
The show sold out which always feels great. The band was just incredible.
One reason I love this album is because I love the talented people
who helped me make it. Almost all of them surrounded me on this special evening, and they were just amazing. 9 friends and players. It will remain in my mind as a favorite show.
I realized after the concert that I felt completely safe with this group.
I trusted them to treat the songs with care, and they did.
Thank you Ryan, Brian, Tilby, Pat, Scott, Paul, Dustin, and Dylan!
The crowd was fantastic, thank you everyone who came.
Thank you Jed Wells for the photos below!


Ryan Tanner opening up the evening..

Paul Jacobsen opening up the evening...

The band..

I decided it was time to pull out the lime green hat for this event.
James and I went to a specialty hat store while visiting
Edinburgh this summer, and I brought this little
number home...

My amazing band:
L-R
Brian, Pat, Paul, Me, Ryan, Dustin, Dylan, Scott, and Ryan.

Thursday I leave on tour. I will be bringing this group of new songs to Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, Illinois, California, Oregon, and Washington the next few months. I will head out East next spring. If you would like to host a house concert and you live on the Eastern US, send me an email sarah@sarahsample.com.

Also, I would love you to purchase this new album if you haven't already.

2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting!! I love your music. Also, I get to meet you tomorrow when you visit our class- hopefully we will have some good ideas on how to incorporate a marketing/PR campaign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, a while back you commented on my blog after I featured one of your songs. I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your comment so much!

    I just hosted my first concert [hoping to start a series] here in the Tri-Cities, WA and Mindy Gledhill was our headline act. It was so much fun, I learned a lot, and Mindy was incredible! She told me that you released your new album a few weeks ago so I promptly went home and downloaded it. It's wonderful!

    I will be posting on my blog sometime this week about how much I love it! I just wanted to let you know :)

    Mindy and I are also dreaming up some future shows here in the Tri-Cities, and I would love to talk to you about working together!

    lomaril@aol.com

    ReplyDelete