Monday, November 8, 2010

the sun rose

I have had some amazing moments on this CD Release tour.
From Lincoln to Chicago with the heartland of Iowa to fill the gap...
A week spent in one of my favorite states; Colorful Colorado.
Thank you each and every person who greeted me on the road and
became a home away from home.
And now I am about to embark on a tour with two of my favorite
musicians---paul jacbosen & ryan tanner---to one of my favorite states
to play music in---NEBRASKA (plus one stop in lovely laramie wy)

We went on a tour through Nebraska last year and called it
The Birds of a Feather Tour.
Usually when I tour I cannot afford to bring my band. But
I had the idea last year to create a series of shows where
three songwriters could split the cost, and become
the band for one another on the road.
This of course only works if you love the songs you are singing
everynight. I think the moon and stars of the songs that Paul
and Ryan write, and I love creating a set of music that has the diversity of 3 writers.

We will be posting about our Nebraska adventure day by day...
so check back in with us.



I will leave you with this sunrise.
Due to certain long days of driving between
shows, I have been on the road as the sun
is rising...
Every time I see the sky lighten with blues and yellows
then oranges and reds
without fail, I feel my heart stir with
feelings of openness, and thankfulness, and joy.
While I was in Boulder last week I got to visit with my
friend Theresa. She said "we get to write the script for
our lives. we cannot choose the how, but we can choose
everyday how we feel."
I had a moment of realization that every night
that I get to play music, I feel joyful, and that is
what counts.

2 comments:

  1. just found your music through a fellow blogger's site and love it!

    hope you come to kansas city sometime soon.

    best wishes~

    chasity

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited to get you back to the Bieroc...and with the boys this time. There is a list of folks who can't wait!

    ReplyDelete