Tuesday, November 9, 2010

laramie. laramie.


So almost 4 years ago James and I
lived in a little town called Laramie.
I worked as a waitress every night.
He went to his first year of medical school.
We met great people but our hearts almost
stopped beating from cold icy wind
that greeted us most days.
It did not help that the first winter
we lived there I heard many a folk
say something like "man, laramie
hasn't had a winter this awful in
two decades.."

Oh, maybe I haven't told you that
I hear that everywhere I move.
Not kidding, if I come visit your town
watch out. Bad weather is coming.
Happened when I moved to Seattle,
the first winter---record snow levels shut
down the city. Typical Trash.

And then tonight. The first day of our
Birds of a Feather Tour.
GUESS WHAT!???
Yep, first big snow storm of the year.
Cars sliding around. Ryan and Paul
told me only 20 times their feet were
frozen. Welcome birds...

BUT..the good folks of Laramie
thawed our hearts tonight at the show!
Thank you Kelli for hosting us and everyone
who came...we loved singing for you tonight.

Favorite songs of the night:
-Ryan's "peaceful mind"
and
-Paul's "two-headed heart"

Tomorrow: Imperial Nebraska

tales of tornadoes and ice storms to be continued.

3 comments:

  1. i love laramie so much...though it does get so cold. can't remember the last time my feet felt frozen:) hope you are having a ball on your tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Nebraska weather is very fickle. We say here, "Welcome to Nebraska. If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes."

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU!!!!!

    We received our Cd about a month ago but I just keep forgetting to write.
    We LOVE IT!
    Elena's choice of song for our morning rides to school and David's work is "I'm ready" to which both girls sing and dance with all the energy a brand new day brings along.
    Thanks, I'm sure they will eventually let me listen to another song in the album ;-)

    LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete