Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Oh-So-Grateful List


There really is something special
during this part of the year.
I love the track of the calendar from
Thanksgiving through Christmas. It is
a good time to take inventory on my life--
to see what I can do better, and ask myself
-Am I Happy?-
-Am I living authentically?-
-And what am I grateful for?-

My friend
Dainon created h
is list last week
and I felt inspir
ed to do the same. Thanks Dainon.

Here we go. Sarah Sample's List of Grea
t Things to be Grateful for in the last year in no particular order:


1. I created a new album "Someday, Someday"

1a. Jed Wells' video documenting that journey. watch here.

2. James graduated medical school at UW
3. Playing the Cayamo Cruise with a few of my heros. Mai singing and playing Cello with me. Such an amazing week. Thanks CIYH.
4. Getting to Sing 'Mercy Me' with Darrell Scott singing and playing along. wow.
5. Meeting Marketa Irglova
, and hearing her say my name out loud during The Swell Season set at Folks Fest. I was crying my eyes out. don't worry.
6. Broiled Grapefruit and apple cobbler in Imperi
al, NE
7. a thanksgiving feast in Texas

8. making time to write everyda
y for a new album
9. fake uggs from costco

10. In & Out arrives in Utah
11. Edie Carey and Mai Bloomfield singing with me in Chicago
12. song school and all the wonderful people who come year after year
13. buying my gibson hummingbird
14. recording my 3rd album with Scott Wiley
15. looking around the room while recording live "staying behind" and seeing the faces of all my friends helping me creating something wonderful. paul, ryan, mai, scott, brian, dylan, pat, tilby, dustin,& george...I thank you all.
16. the BEST indian food I will ever taste in Vancouver. Thank you Vij's. And thank you James for a delightful birthday overnight.
17. backpacking in the white clouds
18. singing with the lower lights
19. seeing john prine and guy clark
20. spending another year in beautiful seattle
21. my beautiful women friends
22. staying with katie herzig in nashville
23. such wonderful house concerts this year--thank you all who have hosted--above- one of my favorites with Cjane.
24. singing songs with my grandma. she still sings the
harmony.
25. eating a wonderful homemade meal in brooklyn with my friends Max & Day 26. spending a few days with Marketa in NY...writing, singing, and drinking cup after cup of tea.
27. touring WY/NE with Ryan and Paul. I've never laughed so much on stage. 28. Junie the elephant. Come on---that is amazing!

29. our new h
ouse in Boise
29a. My sweet older neighbors Ruth and Speed who pass out full size candybars for halloween.

30. fresh basil from my garden

31. touring through Scotland and the Lake District with my dad and james.
32. The most incredible cheese and apple sandwich in Boot, England
33. Melrose Abby
34. playing freight and salvage with Melissa Ferrick
35. finding a free velvet green chair, meant for my living room

36. singing with my friend Beth Wood
.


37. eating at my favorite restaurants with my sister in Seattle--Pair, Franks, Volterra, and Via Tribunali
38. every time I get to spend a night sleeping in my own bed next to my husband
39. singing back up on Edie Carey's new amazing album.
40. my 10-min a day writing group
41. my wildflower stage set at Folks Fest this year

42. watching my friend Paul Jacobsen sing his heart out on the Folks Fest Stage

43. taking a quilting class

44. nauvoo

45. meeting new people everywhere I go--Iowa, Chicago, Washington, California, Nebraska, New York, Boston, Idaho, Colorado, Texas, Oregon, Utah, Nashville, Montana, on and on.

46. my mom...she is the greatest
47. my daughter still sleeping a 12 hour night

48. June turned two! And says funny phrases like "Here I Are"

49. Driving into seve
ral sunsets on tour.
50. talking on the phone several times a week to a friend I've had since I was 10.
51. the listening rooms of Nebraska. and mccook's apple fritters
52. the world of americana in nashville

53. hot baths

54. ryan tanner's amazing ability with a camera and my album photo shoot
55. answered prayers

56. the office, modern family, watching LOST from beginning to end, project runway and top chef

57. the movie theater, frozen junior mint
s in popcorn
56. wonderful dinners out and in

57. good books on tape

59. eating dinner with my brothers and dad in austin

60. Fran's salted carmels
61. thanksgiving in wyoming and my McDonald family
60. my two favorite people in the world I could go on, but there are d
ishes to do :)
(anna, i made your butternut squash soup, yum yum)


xo
s

What are some of your gratefuls?



3 comments:

  1. Hi sweet Sarah Sample. My name is Lyndy. and I am grateful for you. You are an inspiration and I hope to someday meet you.
    Please come to St. George Utah and sing songs to me. okie-dokie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful for being on the hosting end of a wonderful house concert! You rocked Lincoln! ;) Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm. wishing my apartment wasn't in such chaos so i could cook some of that soup myself...someday we'll eat it together!!!

    LOVE the list...what year!!!

    ReplyDelete