Saturday, July 10, 2010

TRANSPOSE


when I went into the studio for my second album
NEVER CLOSE ENOUGH
Scott was smart enough to hire a studio musician
who not only played really well
but one who could write up charts for my
song incredibly fast.

Budget cuts.

And now I've spent the last two nights after
junebug has gone to sleep 'charting' my new songs
so that when we all go into the studio on monday
the musicians can actually follow along to
what I am playing. For most songs I make two charts;
one for the people playing guitars with capos (which
changes the key) and one that has the real chords
of the key we are in for everyone else.

I am not very good at this. I understand of course
how to do this. But when you use altered tunings
or multiple capos, it really fogs up my mind.
So, I have already told the musicians entering
the studio, you may need to fix things here and there.
luckily...the people joining me are world class musicians
in my heart and mind, and I'm sure for them
the music math will be no problem.

Here is my all star lineup playing with me MONDAY! One reason that I LOVE playing with these folks is that most of them are songwriters themselves, or in a band of their own. I've linked their names to their own music. Check them out...you won't be disappointed.

Producer/Musician: Scott Wiley
Players:
Ryan Tanner
Paul Jacobsen
Mai Bloomfield
Dylan Schorer
Brian Hardy
Ryan Tilby
Dustin Christensen
Pat Campbell

Recording Countdown: 2 days!

ox
s

2 comments: